COVID information (updated 25/09/20)
As on all other Cambridge University sports clubs, the COVID pandemic will likely cause significant changes to our event schedule and the way we exercise our sport. At this point, there is still a lot of uncertainty and few decisions has been finalised. We aim at updating this page as new information become available. As of today, we expect the following scenario for the 2020/2021 season.
– The club will have a first team (Blues) and a second team (Lions) competing in BUCS league games as usual. The league will run from January 2021 to April 2021.
– Following the latest guidance from the government, in the foreseeable future bball can only take place in groups of up to 6 people. This means that at the moment we are not able to run try-outs (trials), nor practices, nor College League. Our decisions are in compliance with the information that can be found on Basketball England Basketball England
– If you are an experienced player and see yourself competing with other universities teams, do not hesitate to contact us, and we might invite you to a practice as soon as this becomes possible.
– Proper tryouts open to anyone may be run as this becomes possible.
– There is no decision on the Varsity game yet.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and get in touch with one of the committee members.
The Cambridge University Basketball Club (CUBbC) strives to promote basketball throughout Cambridge. We field two men’s teams which both compete in BUCS leagues and cups, as well as facing off against Oxford in the annual Varsity Match.
We also run college league basketball that is open to everyone – even if your college doesn’t have a team you can play for another college! We are a very friendly club, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any queries.
Training – University Sports Centre
Blues: 6-8pm Friday, 6-8pm Sunday
Lions: 8-10pm Friday, 4-6pm Sunday