*New: COVID information below
The Cambridge University Basketball Club (CUBbC) strives to promote basketball throughout Cambridge. We field two men’s teams which both compete in BUCS leagues and cups, as well as facing off against Oxford in the annual Varsity Match.
We also run college league basketball that is open to everyone – even if your college doesn’t have a team you can play for another college! We are a very friendly club, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any queries.
Training – University Sports Centre
Blues: 6-8pm Friday, 6-8pm Sunday
Lions: 8-10pm Friday, 4-6pm Sunday
As on all other Cambridge University sports clubs, the COVID pandemic will likely cause significant changes to our event schedule and the way we exercise our sport. At this point, there is still a lot of uncertainty and few decisions has been finalised. We aim at updating this page as new information become available. As of today (date 24/07/20), we expect the following scenario for the 2020/2021 season.
– The club will have a first team (Blues) and a second team (Lions) competing in BUCS league games as usual. The league will run from January 2021 to April 2021.
– There will be friendly games in Michaelmas term against local non-university teams.
– Try-outs for the first and second team will take place in the first or second week of term.
– During term times there will be two training sessions and one voluntary session for individual practice per week.
– College league will take place subject to availability of sports halls.
– There is no decision on the Varsity game yet.
Note that for all events listed above precautionary measure will be taken to reduce the risk of infection. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and get in touch with one of the committee members.